- Newly released study shows most CBD products vary greatly from stated CBD potency, while some possess dangerous substances – underscoring need for product certification and merchant monitoring
- A comprehensive new study of the cannabidiol (CBD) industry revealed disturbing variations in product quality, including the presence of potentially dangerous substances in some CBD products.
- The results illustrate two critical shortcomings of product safety and regulatory compliance: dramatic variances from the products’ stated amount of CBD, and the presence of solvents and known toxins, including carcinogens.
- ” Some CBD products appear to be safe, but it’s imperative that consumers, e-commerce marketplaces, and payment providers understand the risks posed by some CBD products and sellers,” said John Horton, LegitScript’s President and CEO.
- Horton said that CBD certification is available for both products and websites.
Read full article: finance.yahoo.com