- NEW YORK, United States – Cosmetics heir Jane Lauder vaulted into the ranks of the world’s 500 richest people this week after shares of the cosmetics giant that bears her name surged on strong quarterly earnings and a rosy outlook for the fiscal year.
- Lauder’s net worth rose $1.5 billion this year, including a $447 million gain Monday, bringing her fortune to $4.3 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Estée Lauder Cos. and its competitors are having a strong year thanks in large part to sales growth in Asia, and that’s fattening the coffers of the biggest names in the cosmetics business.
- Lauder, a member of the company’s board and a granddaughter of its namesake founder, is one of 69 women on the Bloomberg wealth ranking.
Read full article: businessoffashion.com
- Dr. Susan Massick , dermatologist with The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center: Contamination with bacteria and fungi is always of concern with old and used makeup, especially those used around the eyes and mouth.
- Jordana Mattioli, celebrity esthetician in New York: Used makeup can contain fungus or bacteria that can cause infections.
- Sharing makeup that was in direct contact with someone else’s skin puts you at risk for exposure to these sources of infection.
- Dr. Susan Massick: The main disease of concern would be infections of the skin and eyes, with staph infections of particular concern.
Read full article: jezebel.com
- While Fenty Beauty has yet to make it official, according to Elle , the brand will soon be bringing its full-spectrum philosophy to our brows, with the launch of a new pencil and styler.
Read full article: theglowup.theroot.com
- As previously reported by The Inquisitr , fans were upset when photos showed Farrah’s young daughter wearing makeup.
- While some people were looking at the negative aspects of Sophia wearing makeup, Farrah was looking at the positive.
- Her episode showed Farrah finding out she was pregnant with Sophia.
Read full article: inquisitr.com
- US beauty giant Estée Lauder is expanding its empire with the launch of a fresh collection created by Danielle Lauder – the company founder’s great-granddaughter.
- The limited-edition makeup range , dreamed up by the 26-year-old – who is the granddaughter of chairman emeritus Leonard A. Lauder and daughter of executive chairman William P. Lauder – will launch via the brand in January.
- While brand executives have yet to provide further specifics about the line, they have revealed that the collection will be promoted via select influencer and retailer partnerships, with the collection dubbed ” Act IV,” in reference to Danielle Lauder’s heritage and her background as a classically trained actress.
- This latest venture by Lauder further cements her connection to her great-grandmother’s iconic legacy, and sees her taking a greater role in the company’s booming beauty business – following her turn in a short film by Estée Lauder in April 2018, when the brand named Karlie Kloss a global ambassador.
Read full article: premiumbeautynews.com
- According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the actress and musician filed a trademark for ” Selena Gomez ” on July 11 for a number of beauty products, including ” fragrances, cosmetics , skin-care preparations, hair-care preparations, soaps, moisturizers and essential oils,” among others.
- Gomez had previously launched a namesake fragrance in 2011 with Adrenalina Inc., which she crowdsourced through her fans who helped decide on the scent profile.
- Her first venture in the fashion space came in 2010 with the launch of her clothing line, called Dream Out Loud, at Kmart in 2010.
Read full article: wwd.com
- Tom Ford is venturing into the realm of skin care with his latest line, Tom Ford Research.
- ” My vision is to merge breakthrough skin science with true luxury, to create transformative skincare regardless of skin type or gender.
- This Tom Ford Research skin-care line continues his collaboration with Estee Lauder.
Read full article: hollywoodreporter.com
- Tina Knowles spends a lot of quality time with her granddaughter Blue Ivy
- The 65-year-old star has revealed that she connects with her daughter Beyoncé’s little girl – who is now 7 – by doing each other’s makeup and says Blue Ivy is quite the pro when it comes to it.
- Knowles Lawson let her daughters – Beyoncé and Solange – use makeup when they were 13-years-old but only let them have the basics.
- Speaking at BeautyCon, she added: ” I let my girls start wearing makeup when they were about 13.
Read full article: rollingout.com
- I always tell my husband that I don’t have an attachment to stuff.
- I like material things, but typically in a house purge, I freely and unemotionally toss items into the ” these don’t spark joy” pile.
- If I haven’t worn clothing in more than a year, off it goes to Goodwill.
- With two kids and a sentimental husband, our drawers and cabinets runneth over.
Read full article: allure.com
- About a year ago, California became the first state to ban the sale of animal-tested cosmetics.
- It seems the list of places banning these products is only growing because now Illinois has joined the list !
- Governor J.B. Pritzker signed bill SB 241 sponsored by Senator Linda Holmes on August 9th.
Read full article: onegreenplanet.org