- In the gallery below, we rounded up 13 of the standout beauty moments from the 2019 Emmys red carpet.
Read full article: fashionista.com
- When it comes to red carpet beauty statements, Rachel Brosnahan likes to keep things pretty neutral.
- While wearing a dramatic, sequin blue gown by Elie Saab, Brosnahan rocked some unexpected electric blue eyeshadow – which began with ice-blue shimmer in the corners of her eyes and got smoky towards the outside – courtesy of her makeup artist Lisa Aharon.
- Though we don’t know exactly what products were involved in Brosnahan’s stunning look, we do know that part of what makes it so damn good is that the actress opted to use the magic that is monochromatic makeup by matching her eyeshadow to her dress almost exactly
Read full article: refinery29.com
- I am prone to mild/hormonal acne, and had some dark spots from old acne scarring.
- I was hesitant to use any kind of oil on my face since I’m so prone to oily skin, but this actually has made my skin tone more even than it’s ever been.
- Promising review : ” Let me first start off by saying that I suffer from extremely dry skin.
- Promising review : ” As soon as I started chemotherapy for breast cancer my skin became super dry, sensitive and irritated, and my usual skincare products made it worse.
Read full article: buzzfeed.com
- BolognaFiere, Informa Markets and Shanghai Baiwen Exhibition Co Ltd, the organisers of the two leading beauty events in China – China Beauty Expo, in Shanghai, and Cosmoprof Asia, in Hong Kong – have joined forces to create South China Beauty Expo , a new professional event which will take place from July 30 to August 1, 2020 at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center.
- According to the organisers, the expo will bring together more than 800 exhibitors covering cosmetics, professional beauty, and the supply chain.
- Shenzhen is a key industrial and R&D hub at the core of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, one of China’s most energized economic regions that is strategically important to the overall development of the country.
Read full article: premiumbeautynews.com
- Charlie Rose turned studio into a ‘sexual hunting ground’, new lawsuit alleges
- Charlie Rose cancelled his PBS show in 2017 and he was also fired by CBS News after sexual harassment allegations emerged.
- The disgraced TV host Charlie Rose used his eponymous PBS interview show as ” an instrument of his predatory sexual behavior” , turning his studio into a ” sexual hunting ground” , his longtime makeup artist has alleged in a new lawsuit.
- Rose, now 77, saw his PBS show cancelled in November 2017 after misconduct allegations emerged.
- Rose is also alleged to have ” created a toxic work environment suffused with sexual harassment and gender-based abuse for … female staff, using the show as an instrument of his predatory sexual behavior, and the Bloomberg studio where he recorded it as a sexual hunting ground” .
Read full article: theguardian.com
- The study conducted by a team with the DeWitt Wallace Center for Media & Democracy at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy explores which types of media outlets are the key producers of journalism in 100 communities across the U.S.
- It analyzed stories based on if they were original, local, and if they addressed a critical information need.
- When taking into account all three criteria (original stories, local stories and addressing critical information), one of the study’s key findings shows local newspapers account for nearly 60 percent of the stories that fit all criteria, while other media outlet categories each only account for 10-15 percent of the stories that meet all three criteria.
- ” Essentially, local newspapers produced more of the local reporting in the communities we studied than television, radio and online-only outlets combined,” the report summary said.
Read full article: timesheraldonline.com
- Products marked as ‘Promoted’ or ” Advertisement” are prominently displayed either as a result of a commercial advertising arrangement or to highlight a particular product, provider or feature.
- Finder may receive remuneration from the Provider if you click on the related link, purchase or enquire about the product.
- Where our site links to particular products or displays ‘Go to site’ buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment.
- Some product issuers may provide products or offer services through multiple brands, associated companies or different labelling arrangements.
Read full article: finder.com.au
- One problem is that ” the cosmetic industry is less likely to be regulated because those products do not necessarily go through federal drug screening and approval,” Dr. Wendy Ng , a board-certified plastic surgeon in Orange County, California, told Healthline.
- One person familiar with the dangers and discrepancies among online health products is Meg Kramer, managing editor of CBD Hacker , a website covering cannabidiol news, science, and reviews.
- ” The main dangers when buying cosmetics or health products online are fraudulent products, counterfeit products, and adulterated products,” Kramer told Healthline.
Read full article: healthline.com
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wore ” brownface” makeup and a turban to a costume party while teaching at a private school in 2001, according to a photo obtained by Time Magazine .
- The photo’s existence comes weeks after Trudeau launched his re-election campaign for Canada’s top government job – pulling in a virtual dead heat with his rival from the Conservative Party, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- The photo appeared in the school’s yearbook and was given to the magazine by a Canadian businessman, according to the report.
Read full article: nypost.com
- Brown or blackface refers to makeup used by white people to typically perform stereotypes of black, South Asian or Latin American people.
- According to TIME , the photo of Trudeau was taken at an ” Arabian Nights” themed gala and was published in the 2000 – 2001 yearbook of West Point Grey Academy, located in Vancouver, Canada, where Trudeau was a French and math teacher at the time.
- The photo was obtained by TIME from Vancouver businessman Michael Adamson, who was a member of the West Point Grey Academy community, according to TIME.
- Zita Astravas, the media relations lead of Trudeau’s Liberal Party of Canada, confirmed that Trudeau is pictured in the photo.
Read full article: sputniknews.com